Wednesday, October 13, 2010

All Work...No Play


I started a new job with Halliburton Energy Services on 8 September, and I have only ridden twice since. It's going to be an adjustment not being able to ride, but I was in dire need of a job that took care of the family financially as well as one that was professionally rewarding...HALLIBURTON fits the bill on both fronts. I will have to make the best of the time I do have to ride and will likely cherish those rides more than ever!

I almost sold the Baron to help fill the gap in our savings account while sales with Yellowbook had been poor prior to getting on board with Halliburton. I placed an ad on ebay on three separate occasions, but each time I continued to pull it off because I kept going back and forth about selling it. I have finally decided to keep it, even if it will collect a little dust in the garage from time to time. I love to ride, and I really enjoy the experience on my low racer! Hopefully I will be able to keep my legs fresh on a trainer from time to time between long 'bent rides! I'll be working roughly 80-100 hour weeks with Halliburton all over West Texas and Eastern New Mexico, so my Elite trainer and I will have to settle our differences because we haven't been very good friends in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment